Marc J. Soares
- 100 Hikes in the San Francisco Bay Area (100 Hikes In...)
- Most hikes within a one-hour drive from San Francisco, San Jose, or Oakland Thorough trailhead directions and maps for each hike, plus over 100 b&w and color photos Bonus high-country hikes near Lake Tahoe Outings from family walks to challenging backpacking trips Lists trail distance, hiking time, difficulty level, optimum season, and more Hidden within and around the congested Bay Area is a diverse array of often surprisingly remote hiking
- 100 Hikes in Yosemite National Park (100 Hikes In...)
- Your guide to the best assortment of family walks, day hikes, overnighters, weekend trips, and backpacking adventures that Yosemite National Park has to offer! 100 Hikes in Yosemite National Park includes Yosemite Valley (Half Dome, Yosemite Falls, El Capitan), Tuolumne Meadows (great for peak bagging), Hetch Hechy Reservoir (excellent, less trafficked trails above the reservoir and along the Tuolumne River), Wawona (see the giant Sequioas), and
- Snowshoe Routes Northern California
- Snowshoeing is fun, easy, low-impact, and a great way to get in shape or stay in shape. It's also the perfect way to keep hiking throughout the winter months.From a moderate 3.6-mile snowshoeing trip to Andesite Peak in theLake Tahoe region, to a 25-mile backcountry adventure, to meadows onthe Lake Helen and Kings Creek Meadow route in Lassen VolcanicNational Park-Soares offers winter hikes for showshoers of allabilities.