- Studies in Islamic Mysticism
- This is a study of three early Sufi figures: Abu Sa'id (b. 967, d. 1049), al-Jili (b. 1365-9, d. 1406-1417), and Ibnu 'l-Farid (b. 1182, d. 1235). The text includes historical and legendary narratives of these Sufi masters, and detailed discussion of their philosophy and theology. The book concludes with an extended critical translation of the Odes of Ibnu 'l-Farid.
- God is Love: A Study in the Theology of Karl Rahner (AAR Academy Series)
- This book offers a critical appraisal of the theology of Karl Rahner with particular attention to the account of the phrase "God is love." Beginning with a review of Rahner's understanding of God and the problematic nature of God in contemporary theology, Mark Taylor uses process philosophy to define God as "essentially love of others.
- The Word of God and Theology
- This classic volume of Barth's essays was first published in 1924 under the title 'Das Wort Gottes und die Theologie' In this brand new English edition all the critical apparatus is translated, each chapter including an explanatory passage giving general historical context and details of Barth's own biography.
Anterior 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 Siguiente