- The Wisdom of John Muir: 100+ Selections from the Letters, Journals, and Essays of the Great Naturalist
- The Wisdom of John Muir marries the best aspects of a Muir anthology with the best aspects of a Muir biography. The fact that it is neither, and yet it is both, distinguishes this book from the many extant books on John Muir. Building on her lifelong passion for the work and philosophy of John Muir, author Anne Rowthorn has created this entirely new treatment for showcasing the great naturalist's philosophy and writings.
- The Wild Muir: Twenty-Two of John Muir's Greatest Adventures
- Here is an entertaining collection of John Muir’s most exciting adventures, representing some of his finest writing. From the famous avalanche ride off the rim of Yosemite Valley to his night spent weathering a windstorm at the top of a tree to death-defying falls on Alaskan glaciers, the renowned outdoorsman’s exploits are related in passages that are by turns exhilarating, unnerving, dizzying, and outrageous.
- A Passion for Nature: The Life of John Muir
- Donald Worster is Hall Distinguished Professor of American History at the University of Kansas and the author of many books, including A River Running West, the Bancroft Prize-winning Dust Bowl, and Under Western Skies: Nature and History in the American West.