- How Shall We Paint Our Houses? A Popular Treatise On The Art Of House Painting: Plain And Decorative.
- Of making many books there is no end. Ecdes. xii., 12. IN tlie multitude of books treating of every couceivable subject and matter serious and comic; religious and secular; arts, commerce, and philosophy; architecture, farming, landscape gardening, politics, law, inventions, discoveries, etc., etc.
- Budapest 2012-13 (City Guide)
- Surnommée la « perle du Danube », Budapest est sans conteste l'une des plus belles villes d'Europe. Petit trésor d'architecture, joyau culturel de l'Europe, Budapest n'en est pas moins un haut lieu gastronomique : vins, confiserie, foie gras et bien entendu pâtisseries.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Thorndike Classics)
- Huck Finn is drawn from life; Tom Sawyer also, but not from an individual he is a combination of the characteristics of three boys whom I knew, and therefore belongs to the composite order of architecture. The odd superstitions touched upon were all prevalent among children and slaves in the West at the period of this story that is to say, thirty or forty years ago.