Descripción del producto
Long Distance cycling is like no other sport and if you are considering trying it, then there are things you need to consider. This eBook is designed for cycling enthusiasts, vendors to the industry, and those who would like to make it a future endeavor. This collection of articles and essays is written by a gentleman who rode his bicycle from Oregon to Mexico in 7-days.
Each article or essay is bite-sized and created for the Kindle user on the go with places to be and people to see. The topics in this collection include:
1. Robotic Bicycle
s in the Tour de France?
2. Preventing Blowouts in the Tour de France
3. Is it Really a Tour de France Without Lance?
4. Mentally Conditioning Yourself for a Cross Country Ride
5. Occam's Razor and the Electric Bike
6. A Test of Will – Biking Across America
7. Thanking the Motorists in the Coachella Valley
8. Long Distance Cycling
9. Considering Comfort
10. Touring Bike Cargo Systems
11. Flat Tires and Being Prepared
12. Long Distance Bike Riding Lighting System
13. Water is Life When Cycling
14. Watch the Weather
15. Multi-Day Cycling Routes
16. Solo Long Distance Fundraisers
17. Long Distance Cycling California Coast Line
18. Long Distance – Helmet and Eye Protection
19. Raising Money for a Cause
20. High Gasoline Prices and Losing Weight in America
21. Pacific Coast Ride
22. Drivers, Roads, Weather, and Hazards
23. Placing a Want Ad for a Charity Ride
24. Trade Weapons for Mountain Bikes
25. Cycling from Canada to Mexico
26. 2007 Cycling Adventures
27. Bicycle Virtual Reality System Needed
28. Bike Touring VS Cross Country Rides
29. Riding Across the Nation – Think You Have It In You?
30. Touring VS Long Distance Challenge
31. Long Distance Riding – Does Your Brain Shut Down?
32. Making the Decision to Cycle Across America
33. Preplanning a Cross Country Ride
34. Writer Turned Cyclist
35. German Cyclist Doping
36. Choosing a Good Seat
37. Mobile Internet Broad Band when Touring
38. Why Ride Across the Nation?
39. The Ultimate Challenge
40. Averaging 200-miles Per Day?
41. Biking from San Diego to Jacksonville FL
42. Biking Across the US in the Winter Time
43. Move the Tour de France to the US
44. 400-mile Bike Race
45. Mosquitoes and Bike Riding
46. Floyd Landis and Public Trust
47. Human Bodies Under Stress
48. Tour de France Doping Issues
49. Never Bet Against an American Cyclist
50. Floyd Landis – The Right Stuff
51. Why the Tour de France Belongs in the US
52. What is a BLO
53. Bike Centennial Route – California
54. Long Distance Charity Rides
55. Hurricanes and Cycling Training
56. Admiration for Lance Armstrong
Part II - Across the US and Back Again Lower Latitude Route
Listed are the days rides and/or multi-day rides, mountain passages, and long flat areas often 100s of miles long, giving you a clue as to the extreme distance and vast size of the US.